Ubequity Capital Partners has closed the following transactions
Overview of Transaction
- In January 2010, Forbes and Manhattan Asset Management Corp. completed the 100% acquisition of Monarch Wealth Group, following receipt of approval by the Canadian Mutual Fund Dealers Association.
- FAMCO is a new division of Forbes & Manhattan, one of Canada's most successful merchant banks, with more than 30 listed companies and $5 billion in assets under its control.
- Monarch is a leading Ontario-based private wealth manager with six branches in the GTA, more than $600 M. in assets, & a broad range of regulatory licenses that facilitate the sale of financial services products.
Significance of Transaction
- FAMCO's acquisition of Monarch heralds a serious new entrant into the independent Canadian asset management sphere. FAMCO's parent, Forbes & Manhattan, has built itself over the last decade into a dominant, natural resources focused merchant bank, especially in the small and mid cap markets.
- Forbes & Manhattan's infrastructure will enable FAMCO and Monarch to rapidly accelerate their asset management business and begin to consolidate smaller players both in Canada and abroad.
- Ubequity was instrumental in formulating the business plan and strategy to launch FAMCO, and the identification and securing of its top executives.
- Ubequity originated, negotiated, structured and guided the acquisition of Monarch and continues to assist FAMCO with the integration of Monarch into its global asset management strategy.
Ubequity has been engaged by the following clients: